Since the Russian invasion of Ukraine we have:
- Administered the #HELPUKRAINE Emergency Appeal on behalf of our Churches and community organisations, with almost £2m already sent to our charity partners in Ukraine to provide humanitarian aid to those suffering from the war
- Ensured that Ukraine’s voice is heard in the UK media
- Provided our community centre facilities for collection of medical and humanitarian aid to Ukraine
- Worked with the government to help develop the sponsorship scheme and to shape information and advice for Ukrainians coming to the UK
- Worked with leading UK charities to provide verified and trusted information to help those coming to the UK
- Worked with our Churches to establish a Welcome Centre to provide a safe space and information hub for Ukrainians, their families and their sponsors.